Monday, September 19, 2011

Why I dislike the Giants....

Because they make me care. I was totally prepared to write them off so I could focus on the football season. Now they've won 8 in a row and are 5 back in the West and 4 back in the Wild Card. Bochy, for the most part, has let the kids play in September and they've responded. Playoffs or not, we have sen what this team could be next year. If they get a leadoff centerfielder, with Panda, Beltran, Keppy, Posey, Freddy and maybe even Belt, Pill or Crawford in the mix, they have a steady offensive base when they're healthy.

Question....when am I ok with Huff as my starting 1st baseman? Well, if Belt is in the left field, never. But my real answer is if he's the 5th or 6th best hitter in my lineup. With Panda and Beltran (if he re-signs) and Posey the Giants have their 3-4-5 hitters (not necessarily in that order). With either Freddy or Keppy hitting 2nd (I prefer Keppy 2nd, Freddy 6th or 7th), Huff can be the 6th or 7th hitter. I'm totally fine with that. We've seen the worst of Huff this year. So next year if he evens out, I'll take .265-.270 with 15-20 HR's and 65-75 RBI's from the 6th/7th hitter.

But for the rest of this year, I'd love for Pill to get more AB's and Crawford to be in the lineup vs. lefties to see if what he can do. If not him, then when the Giants face a lefty, put Keppy at shortstop and let Fontenot play 2nd (he hits a respectable .250 vs. lefties). And I'll say again....CABRERA SHOULD NOT SEE THE FIELD. Mike Murphy should hide his uniform. He STILL offers nothing. I bet he's a great, likable guy. If so, he should turn into what Torres is now. A dugout guy. Who's the first guy to welcome a Giants hitter at the top step of the dugout? Torres. And you know he says, "Vamos! Come on baby!" Love him as a 5th OF'er next year.

Tomorrow the Giants get Kershaw. So, basically, it's a loss. Not because it's the Giants but because he owns them and he's been unreal all year. He's won 17 of his last 19 decisions. The Dodgers have won 13 of his last 16 starts. And he faces Lincy. How does this game not end 2-0 and Lincy throws 7 innings and gives up 1 earned? Kershaw should win the Cy Young in the NL this year. 1st in wins, ERA and Strikeouts.

Here's to hoping the Giants can reel off 8 more in a row after Tuesday and make things interesting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment